The King is dead. Michael Jackson 1958-2009

What can we say?

The King of Pop is dead.

michael-jackson

There was so much said about Michael Jackson during his life – good, bad and outrageous.

We really don’t think there is anything we can add to all that has been said. We all know the story – the dizzying heights of fame and success, the bizarre depths of trials and surgeries.

So let us just add our own personal feelings. An era has ended. Some may say it ended long ago for Michael but everyone harboured hopes that he would make a comeback and be the phenomenon we had all grown up with.

michael_jackson

And that is the essence of Michael Jackson. He is the phenomenon we all grew up with. From the late 60s until today, Michael has always been with us, shaping popular culture. His own life seemed to be lonely and deeply unhappy but he brought happiness to billions. Yes, billions.

Michael-Jackson-Young-2008

Generations grew up with him in different incarnations from the adorable, afro’d child star to the moonwalking, crotch-grabbing Thriller. He touched all our lives.

And that is all that needs to be said.

0 comments for “The King is dead. Michael Jackson 1958-2009

1. June 25, 2009 at 10:45 pm

Rest in peace Michael Jackson! Forever the King of POP

2. June 27, 2009 at 12:16 pm

I regret the loss of the King of Pop Michael Jackson! Jacko is a legend. I hope he gets where he is now, finally in peace.
    Leave also your last greeting at Michael Jackson on our site, thanks.
    a big and now sad fan

3. June 27, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Indeed an era has ended…

Thank you MJ for your music. Not many people know about the other thing you are good at – sharing your resources to so many charities around the world.

4. June 29, 2009 at 1:13 pm

My heart goes out to the family of Michael Jackson especially his children. I am still in shock about his death. I believe that Michael Jackson contributed alot when it comes to the music business. He had a remarkable talent. He was the inspiration for a lot of other musicians. Michael has definitely left his mark and his music will continue to live on. I remember as a child growing up listening to his music. One of my favorite songs when he was a child was Ben. Michael has inspired millions of people through his music.

5. camiloatw
    July 10, 2009 at 11:01 am

Michael was definately the King of Pop and I dont think anyone will ever fill his shoes. http://www.aroundtheway.com pays respect to MJ, see videos, songs, his last perfromance, and even his ghost caught on video. If you havent seen it, log into aroundtheway.com. And if you want to know what aroundtheway is about just check out my blog http://camilovassallo.wordpress.com/2009/06/30/new-social-network/

6. MJLover
    August 4, 2009 at 1:13 pm

We all love u Michael. Can’t wait to see u in heaven!!

• October 26, 2009 at 4:40 pm

YES WE DO LOVE HIM<3

• michaelRIPjackson9
      October 26, 2009 at 8:15 pm

HOLY CRAP. I WAS SHOCKED.
      I wasn’t really a fan, but I knew who he was. And I only heard negative things about him. Then, after he died, I felt really bad, so I listened to Thriller. I L O V E D it. I listened to it for 5 months, then got tired of it. Then I heard Billie Jean, then Beat It, then this, then that… voila, I was a fan. Right now I love Who Is It. Anyways, then I read a magazine about his life, and he wasn’t all bad. Poor guy never celebrated Christmas until he was an adult. I absolutley HATE HATE HATE Joeseph Jackson. He beat his children when they didn’t do what he wanted. Michael got beat the most. Oy.

7. August 12, 2009 at 6:56 am

I was really shocked when my frien told me that jackson was dead.I was really upset the whole day and tears shed in my eyes on michael’s memorial.To be honest I was mj fan just 3 years ago.Up to me he is to dead he is still in my heart.I LOVE YOU MICHAEL.

8. August 27, 2009 at 5:19 am

good info very interesting.Music

9. October 26, 2009 at 3:57 am

Michael, you are my life. I love You Michael. Your singing are very very very good, you believe me i am your fans every day every night every years and every month be unlikely forget you because i love you. I wish you in paradise is a happy man.

Just From: Christy

10. October 26, 2009 at 4:38 pm

some people say michael jackson is this and that but they all konw that michael is the king of pop and no one can do the stuff he did ever hes not dead becuse he will always be in my haert in loving memory michael jackson <3

11. tashanna strong
    October 27, 2009 at 4:25 pm

he changed our lives and he inspired us.we miss the king of pop.

12. October 27, 2009 at 8:23 pm

you are so cool man love your song Beat it

13. October 27, 2009 at 8:26 pm

we all miss michael jackson so let all say goodby

14. milou
    October 28, 2009 at 4:11 pm

Rest in peace our lovely Angel!

15. diman eclipse
    October 29, 2009 at 7:28 am

michael jackson is dead,but his songs,love will live forever.
    lets us pray for him.may god placed his soul with th good ones.amen/amin.
    may god bless you michael..

HIS MUSIC WILL FOREVER LIVE!

16. MJ NO.1 FAN
    October 29, 2009 at 10:28 am

mj is the king of pop no one will ever come close to being half as good as him! been a fan for years but when i saw his 30th anniversary concert i couldnt believe how good he was even then at 42, especially his billie jean performance was one of the best ones hes ever done! he went through real rough times in his life so i hope hes resting in peace up there. love you mj!

17. November 1, 2009 at 8:10 pm

HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST PERSON IN THIS WORLD..GOOD NATURED, INNOCENT, SWEET, HAD MELODIOUS VOICE ETC,, I CANT WRITE IT HERE.. IT NEEDS LOTS OF PLACE..

18. jonathan
    March 9, 2010 at 1:12 pm

i love mj

19. Angela
    March 9, 2010 at 9:55 pm

Thankyou Mr Jackson from the deepest part of my heart ,to the KING OF POP we love you x

20. victoria from lithuania
    March 10, 2010 at 2:54 am

Michael jackson changed my life he was unbelievable i love him i cant forget what he give for us i love him from all my heart…

21. eduardo
    March 12, 2010 at 11:33 pm

forever mihael,i love you

22. fishta
    March 13, 2010 at 11:11 am

oooo i miss you michael so mach

23. Rachel
    March 16, 2010 at 12:56 am

Me and my cousin Sydney know everything about him. We were not interested in him ’till he died which makes me want to think that he is still with us and I know me and Sydney are his# #1 FANS!

24. March 21, 2010 at 4:44 pm

Hi Micheal Jackson i love your musi and your dance iam your biest hugest
    #1 Fan of your oxox
    Amanda
    T.

25. mj lover!
    March 22, 2010 at 2:54 pm

I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON! <3

26. julian
    April 23, 2010 at 10:00 am

rest in peace michel im 14 years old but u were one of my heros thank you for your wonderful music i wish u happyness r.i.p

27. July 24, 2010 at 4:35 am

LONG LIVE THE KING!!! we love you more michael <33

28. jubakala
    July 28, 2010 at 5:17 pm

One begins to feel himself old when his childhood idols start to past away in an increasing pace… R.I.P. Jacko, you were truly phenomenal!

The Michael Jackson Discography Guy